Associates of Psychology Forward provide comprehensive Speech and Language services to children and adolescents. Often these services start with a Speech and Language Assessment which involves, the measurement of language production, language comprehension, nonverbal communication and gesture, pragmatic and figurative language, prosody, rhythm, volume, and content of speech. These evaluations may be administered remotely.
The following needs are able to be assessed by our Speech Language Pathologists:
- Language Impairments
- Developmental Disabilities
- Articulation Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder
Our Speech and Language Pathologists (SLPs) also provide Remote speech therapy. Speech therapy can help people who have difficulty speaking to communicate better and to break down the barriers that result from speech impediments. The goals of speech therapy include improving pronunciation, strengthening the muscles used in speech, and learning to speak correctly.
SLP associates at Psychology Forward have the following credentials:
- A master’s degree or higher in speech-language pathology
- Hold a certification to practice as an SLP in at least, one state in the United States
- Adhere to the ethical guidelines set forth by American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Our Speech Language Pathologists work in close coordination with our psychologists to provide a coordinated care of services.